Where is Porsche Made?
Los Gatos and San Jose gearheads know that Porsche delivers some of the most high-performing and luxe vehicles on the market. Premium tuning comes standard with all Porsche models, whether you’re interested in dynamic SUVs like the Cayenne or Macan, or legendary high-performance sports cars like the Porsche 911. But, where are these iconic vehicles made? Since its founding in 1931, all Porsche cars have been made in Germany. Find out more about Porsche production locations and factories, as well as Porsche history, from the brand experts at Porsche Fremont!
Where Are the Porsche Headquarters and Factories?
While Porsche has changed owners throughout the years, the vehicles continue to be produced in locations around Germany. Porsche factories can be found in the following locations:
- Zuffenhausen – The main factory and Porsche headquarters are located in Zuffenhausen, a district of Stuttgart, Germany. This is not only where Porsche sports cars and engines continue to be manufactured, but this is also the site of the very first Porsche car produced! Unlike other automakers, both standard production Porsche models and Porsche racing models are built on the same production line. Zuffenhausen also serves as the location for the management team, logistics group, and quality management division of Porsche.
- Leipzig – The second Porsche factory (where the Panamera and the Macan are made) is located in the German state of Sachsen. The Leipzig location also boasts a 3.7 km, FIA-certified racetrack and off-road track, where event guests and visitors can experience the exhilaration of Porsche performance first-hand.
- Weissach – The Porsche Research and Development Center has been located in Weissach, Germany since 1971 and is currently being expanded and upgraded. Visitors will find a wind tunnel, a state-of-the-art design studio, and an electronics integration center.
- Sachsenheim – Home to the Porsche warehouse, this location stocks over 85,000 different Porsche parts available at any given time.
- Ludwigsburg – The Ludwigsburg, Germany offices host the international After Sales department.
- Bietigheim-Bissingen – Porsche Financial Services, Porsche Engineering Group, Porsche Consulting, Porsche Deutschland, and Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft are located here, along with the majority of other Porsche subsidiaries.
Learn More About the Porsche Brand at Porsche Fremont
While the brand continues to be produced in Germany, you can learn plenty about Porsche while sticking close to home in Saratoga with Porsche Fremont. If you want to learn about the Porsche logo or want to make sure you’re pronouncing the Porsche name correctly, speak with our team today. We would be happy to talk shop about the Porsche brand, as well as give you a personal tour of our Porsche lineup near the Bay Area!