2019 Porsche Panamera vs. Audi A7
Luxury sedan shoppers in the Bay Area will find top-shelf amenities on both the 2019 Porsche Panamera and 2019 Audi A7. Yet, upon closer examination, drivers will find the Panamera is the better-equipped and speedier option. Before you commit to your next sports sedan for your Saratoga commute, use our quick guide to learn more about both models.
|2019 Porsche Panamera
||2019 Audi A7
||Top Track Speed
|8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission
||Performance Display with Lap Times
||Feature Not Offered
||Central Display Screen
||Feature Not Offered
Panamera vs. A7: Top Track Speed
When it comes to speed, the 2019 Panamera blows the Audi A7 away. Often called a four-door 911, the Panamera channels the spirit of the iconic sports car to attain an impressive top track speed of 164 mph. With a top speed of 130 mph, the Audi A7 is easily outpaced by the Panamera.
Panamera vs. A7: Performance Features
- Engines: Differing iterations of a 3.0L V6 engine come as standard on the Panamera and A7.
- Transmissions: In a prime example of precision-engineering, the Panamera engine is paired to an 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission with auto start/stop function. The 7-speed automatic transmission of the Audi A7 doesn’t offer the same refined transitions.
- Performance Technology: When equipped with the Sport Chrono package, the Panamera adds features to optimize performance, such as a performance display with lap times and a drive mode selector.
Panamera vs. A7: Interior Features
Both the Panamera and the A7 offer Los Gatos and San Jose drivers interiors that have been designed for comfort. With either, you’ll enjoy electronically adjustable front seats, steering wheel-mounted controls, voice-activated navigation, and Apple CarPlay®. There are, however, some significant differences worth noting in the standard interior features:
- Touchscreen Display: The Panamera provides a large and easy-to-navigate 12-inch high-resolution touchscreen display, while the Audi has an 8-inch display.
- Climate Control: Occupants can customize their comfort with the standard four-zone automatic climate control system in the Panamera. The Audi A7 only comes with three-zone climate control.
- Rear Seat Entertainment System: You’ll keep your passengers happy on longer trips from Los Altos with the Porsche Panamera Rear Seat Entertainment system. You won’t find anything similar on the Audi A7.
- Cargo Space: Due to its hatchback design, the Panamera is the more versatile of the two. With the 40/20/40-split rear seat folded down, the Porsche can provide up to 47.3 cubic feet of cargo space for your carrying needs in Milpitas. With 24.9 cubic feet of cargo space, the A7 can’t handle as much.
Test Drive a New Panamera at Porsche Fremont
If you’re looking for a dealership to experience the Porsche Panamera, Porsche Fremont near Menlo Park has an abundance of models in stock. Explore our Panamera lease specials for a chance to enjoy the latest Panamera features at an excellent price!
View Panamera Inventory