The 2018 Porsche Macan: Performance
The 2018 Porsche Macan is a sports utility vehicle with a sprit rooted in motorsports. As a family vehicle, it offers impressive safety and space, but a large part of utility is performance—and Porsche knows that. Below, you’ll find a quick overview of the new Macan SUV’s engines and star performance features—all the better to get you around San Ramon in style.
Power & Speed
The power and speed of the Porsche Macan only increase as you move from model to model. Each Macan trim gets a 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung and all-wheel drive, which sets it apart from BMW options. You’ll have a choice of the following engines:
- Macan: Outfitted with a 2.0L turbo inline-4 engine, the base Macan produces 252 hp and reaches a top track speed of 142 mph, making it more powerful than the Jaguar F-PACE.
- Macan S: Moving up to the Macan S gets you 340 hp and a top track speed of 156 mph, courtesy of a 3.0L V6 engine
- Macan GTS: The Macan GTS gets an upgraded 3.0L V6 engine, which outputs 20 more horsepower than the Macan S, as well as 369 lb-ft of torque.
- Macan Turbo: Capable of reaching 60 mph in 4.6 seconds, the Macan Turbo owes its power to a 400-hp 3.6L V6 engine.
Nimble and quick-witted, the Porsche Macan is a critic favorite largely because of its handling, It glides through Redwood City and surrounding areas with grace. Of course, this wouldn’t be possible without its arsenal of refined standard and optional performance features, which includes:
- SPORT Button: Pushing the SPORT button adjusts the powertrain for comfort- or sport-oriented performance, letting you enjoy a relaxed cruise through San Jose or a fast-paced adventure across California’s rugged landscape.
- Power Steering Plus: This speed-sensitive system firms up at higher speeds and relaxes during low-speed maneuvers for improved agility in any driving situation.
- Optional Air Suspension with PASM: Available self-leveling air suspension continuously adjusts ride height, while the accompanying Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) alters damping force as necessary, based on your driving style and road conditions.
Choose Your High-Performance Macan Today!
The performance of the 2018 Porsche Macan SUVs is just one of the lineup’s many strong points, but it’s certainly one of the most impressive. To see it for yourself, schedule a test drive at Porsche Fremont, or pay us a visit at 5740 Cushing Parkway in Fremont, CA—a short journey from Livermore and Palo Alto. Our team can answer any questions you may have about the Macan, from scheduled maintenance and maintenance cost to price-points for different models!