2019 Porsche Cayman vs. 911
The Porsche 718 Cayman and 911 are two of the most popular models in the lineup, but how do they compare? If you’re considering the Cayman vs. 911, you’re in luck! You can’t go wrong with either model. One is geared more toward cost-effectiveness and efficiency, while the other is costlier but more powerful and better equipped. Compare the two below to see which is the right choice based on your preferences!
|2019 Porsche Cayman
||2019 Porsche 911
|300-hp 2.0L turbo H4
||370-hp 3.0L turbo H6
Cayman vs. 911: Price
The main difference between the new 718 Cayman and the new 911 is price. The latter is more expensive but offers greater performance and features, while the former is more affordable and earns higher mpg ratings. See which is right for you:
Cayman vs. 911: Performance & Fuel-Efficiency
- Engine: The 718 Cayman is powered by a 300-hp 2.0L turbo H4 engine rated 280 lb-ft of torque, while the base 911 gets a 370-hp 3.0L twin-turbo boxer 6 engine rated at 331 lb-ft of torque.
- MPG Ratings: The 718 Cayman is less powerful than the 911, but it’s more fuel-efficient on Menlo Park and Milpitas roads; it earns a 21 mpg city/28 mpg highway vs. 20 mpg city/29 mpg highway from the 911.
- Acceleration: The 718 Cayman S and Cayman GTS both have a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 4.4 seconds. At the base level, the 911 Carrera is just as fast, and it only gets faster as you move up the lineup.
Cayman vs. 911: Features
- Porsche 718 Cayman: Standard features for the 718 Cayman and 718 Boxster include performance summer tires, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, a 7-inch touchscreen, and a 6-speaker audio system with a CD player.
- Porsche 911 Carrera: The Porsche 911 Carrera includes many of the 718’s features while upgrading to power sport seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, an illuminated locking glove box, and partial leather upholstery.
Compare the Cayman vs. 911 at Porsche Fremont!
Ready to compare the 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman vs. 911 in person? Schedule a test drive at Porsche Fremont — not far from Los Gatos and Saratoga. If one or the other sounds like the perfect sports car for you, check out our current offers or browse our Porsche 911 lease specials for great rates and terms. You can also compare the 718 Cayman to competitors such as the BMW M2 or the Porsche 911 to competitors like the BMW X4 to get a better idea of how the Porsche model stacks up against competitors.