Safety Features in the 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera
No doubt you’re aware of the 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera’s unbelievable power. With its mammoth engine and huge horsepower rates, the 911 follows through on the Porsche reputation for unbeatable engine force. Similarly, you likely know all about this new car’s thrilling array of smart technologies, which keep you plugged in, engaged, and entertained throughout your drive. But did you know that the new Porsche also provides a raft of safety features to keep your drive as protected as possible? Read on for details about the wide array of safety features on the 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera, then visit Porsche Fremont near San Jose to take it for a test drive.
- Four-Piston Aluminum Monobloc Fixed Caliper Brakes – With great power comes great responsibility, and here the Porsche 911 does not disappoint. Luckily, this new Porsche boasts Four-Piston Aluminum Monobloc Fixed Caliper Brakes with black anodised finishes and 330-mm diameters for dependable braking. At the same time, all brake discs have been cross-drilled to increase your control in adverse conditions and to ensure steady cooling.
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes – Likewise, you’ll also get optional Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes, which are designed to supplement its already phenomenally reliable assemblage of brakes. Designed to be 50% lighter than Porsche’s standard brakes, the new Ceramic Composite Brakes guarantee that you’ll be able to brake at shorter braking distances than ever.
- Airbags – In addition to its space-age new braking systems, the Porsche 911 also comes embedded with a host of reliable airbags, including full-size driver and front passenger airbags, which can inflate in two different stages depending on crash forces.
- Porsche Side Impact Protection System – Now add the all-new Porsche Side Impact Protection System, which embeds impact protection components in the Porsche’s doors as well as two additional airbags on each side of the cabin: an integral thorax airbag on each seat side bolster, and upwards-inflating head airbags in the door panels.
- Lane Change Assist – Finally, the Porsche 911 also includes a sophisticated Lane Change Assist device that alerts you to highway drift, allowing you to determine immediately when you’ve begun to shift from one lane to another on the highway and correct your movement
Experience the 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera Today
To get behind the wheel of the 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera, contact Porsche Fremont today to arrange a test drive.