The 2017 Porsche 718 Boxster Convertible’s Technology
Since the “718” was placed in front of its name—and long before—the Porsche 718 Boxster raced to the forefront of its segment with pulse-pounding performance capabilities. Calling the 718 Boxster just a strong performer, however, doesn’t do it justice. This high-spirited convertible offers a wealth of contemporary technologies that’ll make your San Jose commutes all the more enjoyable. Look below for a quick overview of the 2017 Porsche 718 Boxster Convertible’s coolest technology features!
You’d expect nothing less than a barrage of next-level technologies from the leading models in the Porsche lineup—and that’s just what you’ll get. The following systems are standard on both the 300-hp 718 Boxster and 350-hp 718 Boxster S:
- ParkAssist with Reversing Camera: ParkAssist uses four integrated sensors to detect objects near the front and back ends of the car, while the reversing camera guides you into parking spaces on cramped Redwood City streets.
- Power-Folding Soft Top: Cold breezes, rain, and turbulence are easily thwarted with the power soft top; simply press a button to close or open. No need to fiddle with latches.
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) System: PCM is home-base inside most new Porsche vehicles. Using the 7-inch touchscreen, you can place handsfree calls, view the rearview camera feed, integrate a smartphone, or manage the standard six-speaker sound system.
One of the beauties of Porsche is the seemingly endless customization options available for each model. Usually, when drivers think of customizing their Porsche vehicles, they think of exterior and interior stylings—but there’s more! Technology options are just as varied. The following features are available as add-ons for the new 718 Boxster:
- Headlight Washers: Designed to be used in motion, the headlight washers release a burst of cleaning fluid, which blow over the roof as the vehicle moves forward.
- Porsche Entry & Drive: With this handy feature, simply place your hand on the car door handle, and the system will read the encrypted access code on your key.
- Connect Module: Working in tandem with PCM and Porsche Car Connect, the Connect module lets you pair your iPhone with your vehicle using Apple CarPlay.
Discover the Tech-Savvy Porsche 718 Boxster!
Time and time again, the Porsche 718 Boxster has wowed car shoppers with its intuitive, easy-to-use systems. To learn more about the Porsche 718 Boxster Convertible’s technology, contact Porsche Fremont near Palo Alto and San Ramon. Apply for financing online, then visit us at 5740 Cushing Parkway in Fremont, CA!